Councillor Nick Gowrley
70 Combs Lane
01449 774297 / 07743 033243
My wife Heather and I have lived in Combs Lane in Stowmarket since 1991. I joined Mid Suffolk District Council in 1988, and worked for them for the next 23 years. Following the integration with Babergh District Council, my post was made redundant so I took the opportunity to take early retirement. I currently work part time for a supermarket in Sudbury.
I was elected to the Town Council for the first time in May 2014 and again in the elections in May 2015 when I was also elected onto Mid Suffolk District Council.
I serve on the following Town Council Bodies:
• Chair of the Service Delivery Committee
• Business Improvement Committee
• Chair of the Regal Theatre Committee
• Chair of the Financial Strategy Group
I represent the Town Council on the Stowmarket Allotment Association.
My current District Council appointments are:
• Deputy Leader of the Council
• Portfolio Holder for Housing
• Joint Appointments Committee
• Member of the Joint Housing Board
• Joint Lead Member of the Housing Steering Board
My commitments outside of local government include:
• Trustee of the Stowmarket Citizens Advice Bureau
• Member of the Friends of Pikes Meadow Committee
• Member of the Stowmarket Town Twinning Association