REGAL THEATRE NEWS
- Stowmarket Town Council and Mid Suffolk District Council are working in partnership, to invest in the future of the Regal Theatre as part of a place shaping project which is seeking to improve and enhance the south-eastern gateway to the town centre
- It is proposed that the building will have three auditoria, a new front of house and a new café area. There will be a new frontage to the theatre and the adjacent Ipswich Street car park will be resurfaced as part of the project.
- Details of the project can be found within “The Regal Experience” brochure including information about how the project is to be funded. Please use the link below to view this.
- A design team has been appointed comprising Northmores (Project Managers), Integral Engineering (Civil Engineers), Watermans (Mechanical and Electrical Engineers), Allman Woodcock (Quantity Surveyors), Purcell (Architects) and Craigmount (Cinema Business Advisers). The design team will advise the Town Council on all aspects of the project.
- There has been a high level of community support for the project with 7% of respondents wishing to see the project go ahead and 94.2% in favour of the Town Council obtaining a £1 million loan to help fund the project.
- Planning consent has been obtained for the project.
- Borrowing approval is currently being sought from the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government.
- If all goes according to plan, we hope to see the build phase commence in early 2020
Your Regal News
Council Decision on Borrowing Approval
Borrowing Approval & Appendix
Project Business Case – Craigmount Consulting
The Regal Experience