REGAL THEATRE LATEST NEWS
Here is the our latest update on the Regal Theatre Redevelopment Project:
- It is proposed that the building will have three auditoria, a new front of house and a new café area. There will be a new frontage to the theatre and the adjacent Ipswich Street car park will be resurfaced as part of the project.
- Details of the project can be found within “The Regal Experience” brochure including information about how the project is to be funded. Please use the link below to view this.
- A design team has been appointed comprising Northmores (Project Managers), Integral Engineering (Civil Engineers), Watermans (Mechanical and Electrical Engineers), Allman Woodcock (Quantity Surveyors), Purcell (Architects) and Craigmount (Cinema Business Advisers). The design team will advise the Town Council on all aspects of the project.
- Community consultation is continuing over the summer up to 1st September, 2019. This will include a public information event at the Regal Theatre on Sunday, 21st July, 2019 from 11am to 1pm, when you will have the opportunity to meet representatives of the Design Team and the funding partners. There is a pre-booked VIP event from 1.30pm on the same day but please note that all 200 tickets for this event have been booked – and so this part of the day is a “sell out”.
- Community feedback can be provided by filling out a survey form. Please use the link below for Survey Monkey.
- Alternatively, paper copies of the survey forms are available from the John Peel Centre, Stowmarket Community Centre (Hillside), the Regal Theatre, Stowmarket Library and the Town Council Offices at Milton House.
- If you or your group wishes to get involved, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our target is to obtain at least 500 survey forms so that we obtain a good cross-section of views from the local community.
- If all goes according to plan, we hope to see the build phase commence either towards the end of 2019 or the start of 2020. It is likely to last between 52 and 65 weeks. The Regal should remain open for the major part of this period with performances from 4pm onwards each weekday and normal opening at weekends.