REGAL THEATRE LATEST NEWS
Here is the our latest update on the The Regal Theatre Regeneration Project:
- We are now within weeks of submitting a planning application for the redevelopment of the Regal Theatre.
- The project, which will cost over £3 million, is being led by Stowmarket Town Council with significant financial support from Mid Suffolk District Council.
- The building will have three auditoria, a new front of house and a new café area. There will be a new frontage to the theatre and the adjacent Ipswich Street car park will be resurfaced as part of the project.
- A design team has been appointed comprising Northmores (Project Managers), Integral Engineering (Civil Engineers), Watermans (Mechanical and Electrical Engineers), Allman Woodcock (Quantity Surveyors), Purcell (Architects) and Craigmount (Cinema Business Advisers). The design team will advise the Town Council on all aspects of the project.
- Stakeholder engagement has been undertaken to refine the outline proposals. This has involved Stowmarket Chamber of Commerce, Stowmarket Operatic and Dramatic Society, Red Gables, a Focus Group comprising regular users of the theatre, The Mix, Red Gables, local residents and Mid Suffolk Disability Advisory Forum.
- It is also anticipated that there will be a community engagement event in the summer of 2019 to share the proposals with the wider community.
The programme is tight but if all goes according to plan, the build phase should commence towards the end of 2019 and is likely to last between 52 and 65 weeks.