Stowmarket Town Council meetings take place once a month, usually on the first Wednesday of the month, in the historic John Milton Room in Milton House, Milton Road South. Meetings usually start at 7pm.
The Council is made up of 16 Members who were elected in May, 2015.
Members of the public and press are very welcome to attend Council and Committee meetings.
In addition to the meeting of the full Council, there are seven standing Committees which are:
- Planning, Consultation & Strategy Committee
- Service Delivery Committee
- Business Improvement Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Regal Committee
- Risk Management Committee
- Special Purposes Committee