Community Support Assitant – with Civic Officer duties
£12,683.68 – 24 hours per week; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 9am-3pm.
WE ARE INTERESTED IN RECEIVING APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE FROM A VARIETY OF PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUNDS IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU POSSESS THE SKILLS THAT WE REQUIRE. WE ARE A DYNAMIC ORGANISATION THAT IS SEEKING NEW TALENT TO HELP US TO BECOME OUTSTANDING IN ALL AREAS OF OUR WORK.
You’ll be accountable for providing accurate, efficient and effective administrative support. This is a core role within the Communities team with a range of responsibilities from project administration across both communities and environmental projects, plus many more. You will be responsible for updating and maintaining the community database, PR records and general filling systems. Your role will support general office administration, to keep everything running smoothly and ensure rooms are set-up ahead of meetings. This role requires you to be able to demonstrate the highest professional standard in acting as the main public interface for the town’s Mayor. You’ll be a self-starter with attention to detail, and be conscientious and supportive of others providing excellent customer service to the community.
Community Support with Receptionist Duties:
- As the representative of the organisation the Receptionist/Administrator will warmly meet and greet all of our visitors, ensuring the smooth running of the reception with assisting the public with their enquiries as your top priority, excellent customer service is essential in this role.
- The role will require you to manage confidential Registrar appointments and bookings with a high level of attention to detail and customer focus.
- You will support with queries of varying topics including but not limited to; registering of births, marriages, deaths and allotments, creating a professional first impression.
- At times you will need to prepare written information to customers, and manage internal meeting minutes, you will need to have proficient skills in Word and Outlook.
- Management of stationary supplies and office post, including processing invoices.
- Management of the processing of customer monetary transactions including the purchasing of recycling bags.
- Supporting the Communities team with the organisation of filing and maintaining meeting minute records.
- Assisting the Communities Team in administrative tasks including the typing of letters, maintenance of data and producing reports.
- You will be responsible for the Media liaison which will include ensuring press releases have been drafted and submitted in-line with content deadlines.
- Supporting the team through utilising social media and uploading PR and latest community announcements to the website.
- Assist in campaign creation and the preparation of monthly comms presentation, as well as analysing results.
- Support the Communities and Partnership Manager in delivering internal communication.
- Assisting with marketing tasks, such as maintaining local business and community databases through to creation of table plans and associated event management tasks.
- You will be responsible for assisting the team members with the delivery of exciting and complex community and environmental projects from initial creative through to completion.
Civic Officer Duties:
- To demonstrate the highest professional standard in acting as the main public interface for the town’s Mayor.
- To act as Town Mayors Secretary, involving the coordination of the Town Mayors diary, provision of administrative support and ensuring the Town Mayor has all he/she needs in order to effectively carry out their duties.
- To co-ordinate, support and attend Mayors Civic Service.
To apply please forward your CV and a covering letter to Lucille Clarke – email@example.com