Please see below updates from Suffolk County Council Highways department regarding upcoming roadworks in the area
- Ipswich Street – Starting on 7th January and lasting 5 weeks (comprising 2 weeks of night work under a road closure, and 3 weeks of daytime work). This is expected to cause limited disruption to the businesses overnight and will not prohibit vehicular traffic in its entirety as access will be managed. All traffic management will be removed and full access reinstated during the day time, although there may be signs and barriers along parts of the footways and lay-bys. The remainder of time will be concentrated on footway works during the day. This means that Ipswich Street will be open to vehicular traffic whilst localised repairs are undertaken. Pedestrian movements will only be restricted to the section being worked on, on a particular day(s).
- Tavern Street/Bury Road/ Market Place junction – A 4-week traffic signals upgrade scheme. This work has been brought forward by one week to start on 11th February. It will require 4 weeks of traffic management with three-way temporary traffic lights deployed in conjunction with a road closure of Bury Road.
- Milton Road South – Starting on 18th March and lasting 3 weeks – A 3-week traffic signal upgrade scheme – This scheme will follow on straight after the Tavern Street signal works – thereby potentially starting on 11th March.
- Tavern Street overnight closure to resurface, line and road stud. Scheduled to start on 18th March and last for 3 nights – These works will be taking place overnight, this should not impact significantly on local businesses.
- Poplar Hill – Starting on 8th April and lasting 2 weeks – A road closure will be needed to complete the upgrade to a toucan crossing.
For further information on these roadworks please see roadworks.org